Magical Vis Island Walk – Croatiafrom
Walking holidays on the amazing Vis Island - Croatia's Best Kept Secret! Experience great walking trails on the beautiful Vis Island. Explore breathtaking coastline, famous Adriatic beaches and medieval towns on foot. A moderately paced walking holidays with two half and full days of walking.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday TypeWalking / Trekking, walking
Activity Level Moderate
Group Size Small Group
Walking holidays on the amazing Vis Island - Croatia's Best Kept Secret! Experience great walking trails on the beautiful Vis Island. Explore the amazing coastline, famous Adriatic beaches and medieval towns on foot. A moderately paced walking holiday with two half and full days of walking.
This tiny Croatian island gets star billing the Mamma Mia sequel. And, with beautiful beaches, 17th-century architecture, many walking trails and great seafood restaurants, it’s easy to see why.
- Experience the breathtaking scenery of a Dalmatian Island - Vis.
- Unique walk on the trails on Vis Island - Croatia's Best Kept Secret!
- Beautiful coastal towns of Vis and Komiža.
- Famous Blue Cave on Biševo Island.
- Split - Home of the Roman Emperors' Diocletian Palace.
- The island of Vis – a pearl among Croatia's Adriatic Islands.
- Stay in charming Mediterranean accommodations.
- Taste the richness of the Dalmatian culinary.
- Duration: 4 days / 3 nights
- Activity: Self guided walking
- Grade: Easy to moderate
- Accommodation: 3* hotels and private accommodation
- Date: From March 15th to November 30th
- Start of the tour: Every day
- Start location: Split, Croatia
- Full organisation of the walking tour and holiday.
- Introductory briefing in Split on day 1 (morning).
- Self Guided LIFE booklet with detailed itinerary and route instructions, ferry and catamaran tickets with timetables and details with all vouchers for accommodations, private transfers, ...
- Maps with marked walking routes.
- GPX tracks (digital tracks for phone or Garmin device).
- Emergency contact number and 24/7 support.
- 3 nights in 3* hotel and 3* private accommodation with breakfast.
- Private luggage transfer from Vis town to Komiža.
- Private luggage transfer from Komiža to Vis town.
- All sea transfers according to the itinerary:
- Ferry transfer from Split to Vis (Vis Island).
- Ferry transfer from Vis (Vis Island) to Split.
- Tourist tax and VAT.
- Travel to the start and from the end point of the trip.
- Food and drinks: lunch and dinner on all days.
- Items of personal nature.
- Travel insurance.
- Optional: Visit Blue Cave on Biševo Island: 30€/person (on day 2)
- Single supplement: 120 €
- High season surcharge: 55 € (June 15th to September 15th)
Split to Vis Island
- Morning Introductory meeting in Split.
- Morning Ferry Boat ride from Split to Vis (Vis town).
- Walking tour from Vis to Komiža via North trail (12-14 km, 5-6h).
- 3* Apartment, Komiža.
Vis Island (Komiža town)
- Breakfast in the apartment.
- Circle coastal walking tour from Komiža and back (12 km, 4-5h).
- Afternoon: Optional visit of Komiža Fishing museum or boat trip to Blue cave on Biševo island.
- 3* Apartment, Komiža.
Vis Island (Vis town)
- Breakfast in the apartment.
- Walking tour to Mt Hum (587m) and Stiniva Beach (15-17 km, 5-6h).
- Swimming in Stiniva - one of the most beautiful beaches on the Croatian Coast.
- Afternoon walk to Vis town.
- 3* Hotel/Apartment, Vis town.
Vis island to Split
- Breakfast in apartment.
- Morning or afternoon ferry transfer from Vis town to Split.
2x 3* Apartment, Komiža
1x 3* Hotel/Apartment, Vis town
- Jacket – warm, wind & waterproof, soft-shell,
- comfortable clothes,
- sunglasses, sunscreen, lip balm, any other sun protection,
- reusable water bottle,
- first aid (a small basic kit with items such as bandages, antiseptic wipes, gauze, antibacterial ointment, sterile pads),
- large backpack to pack all your belongings,
- hiking shoes – choose wisely!
IMPORTANT: Appropriate footwear is an essential part of any hiking tour. There are a variety of models on the market designed to meet the needs of different types of hikers; the challenge is finding the one that works best for your purposes.
Choose softer and more flexible hiking shoes, appropriate for longer walks. Those shoes are typically made of breathable material, are comfortable and do not require breaking in.
Shoes like that are usually not waterproof, but Croatia during the summertime has very little rain and the odds are good that during your tour, there will be no rain.
- The tour is considered to be moderate to challenging. There is an average of 5 hours of walking each day with many ascends and descends. A good physical condition is essential.
- Make sure you take sufficient water/drinks on a trip every day.
- Breakfast is included at every accommodation.
- We advise that you to start your daily trips early in the morning to allow yourself enough time to stop often and enjoy the scenery and escape the hot summer sun.
- In case bad weather is predicted, do not forget to bring your rain-covers and extra clothes. We also advise in this case that you to place packed things in plastic bags before packing them in the backpacks.
- All customers are required to notify us before booking the tour of any medical conditions, as well as dietary restrictions. If you suffer from any medical conditions, we strongly suggest that you consult your physician before booking a tour to receive an expert medical advice. We are more than happy to discuss and recommend the most suitable adventure for you based on your conditions, but cannot ultimately be responsible for your health.
Croatian coast has a typically Mediterranean climate consisting of hot, dry and sunny weather during summer months.
Average temperatures during summer lies in the high 20°C, although it is more likely that you’ll have temperatures well into the 30 °C.
The sunniest island in Croatia is Hvar, with over 2,700 hours of sun per year. Split, Vela Luka (on the island of Korčula) and Dubrovnik are the next sunniest spots in Dalmatia.
Croatia boasts with very low humidity, sitting at about 60%, so even in the scorching sun the heat is bearable.
We suggest that you travel with a comprehensive travel insurance, including emergency evacuation coverage. We strongly recommend that you purchase travel insurance that includes cancellation protection so that you will be covered in the event that you are unable to attend the tour (due to injury, illness or other unforeseen circumstances). We do not provide travel insurance for our clients. As coverage and a price of the insurance changes depending on your travel destination, do make sure that you purchase a coverage for all countries you will be traveling in on your adventure.
The tour is considered to be moderate level of difficulty. A good physical condition is essential.
Due to the nature of the package, this program is not recommended for children younger than 15 years and pregnant women.
All minors must be accompanied by an adult, who is either their parent or legal guardian.