Cycle from Ljubljana to Julian Alps – Slovenia
3-day cycling adventure in Slovenia. Cycling from the Slovenian capital Ljubljana to the Julian Alps, taking in the breathtaking scenery of Alpine lakes and majestic mountain peaks.
Reviews 1 Review5/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Moderate
Group Size Small Group
3-day cycling in Slovenia from Ljubljana to the Julian Alps, taking in the breathtaking scenery of Gorenjska region and its majestic mountain peaks.
Slovenians proudly say that they live on the »Sunny side of the Alps« and one can easily see that the saying is true. Julian Alps stretch in the north western corner of Slovenia, bordering Austria and Italy, and they offer numerous easy, moderate paths and trails for cycling enthusiasts. With high mountain alpine lakes, rugged rocky peaks and green Alpine valleys, they offer some of the finest mountain scenery in Europe.
- Experience breathtaking scenery of Alpine mountain peaks.
- Magical Bohinj Lake.
- Sightseeing of Triglav National Park.
- Visit the picturesque town of Bled and enjoy Lake Bled.
- Cycling through beautiful Radovna Valley.
- Visit a typical Slovenian farmhouse and taste homemade lunch, made entirely of local ingredients.
- Radovljica - old town with a charm.
- Kranjska Gora with lake Jasna and Fusine lakes.
- Enjoy Ljubljana - the charming capital city.
- Duration: 3 days/2 nights.
- Activity: Self guided cycling.
- Grade: Moderate.
- Accommodation: Hotels***
- Date: From May 15th to September 30th.
- Booking: Any day of the week.
- Start of the tour: Arrival city is Ljubljana.
- Full organisation of the trip.
- Introductory briefing on day 1 with a welcome drink.
- Booklet with detailed itinerary and route instructions, train/bus timetables and all details with all vouchers.
- Maps with marked route.
- Emergency contact number and 24/7 support.
- 2 nights in 3*accommodation hotel with breakfast.
- 3-day rental of Trek Hybrid bike with 2 side panniers, helmet, lock, pump, spare tubs, repair kit, basic rain jacket, ...
- Private transfer from Bled to Pokljuka (day 2).
- Train ticket: Bohinjska Bistrica to Bled (day 2).
- Main luggage transfer from Ljubljana to Kranjska Gora.
- Travel to the start and from the end point of the trip.
- Food and drinks: lunch and dinner on all days and all beverages.
- Luggage transfer between towns - you carry all your gear in panniers from days 1-3 (Optional supplement for luggage transfer).
- Items of personal nature.
- Travel Insurance.
- Upgrade with E-bike: Specialized Turbo Vado 3.0 E-bike: 30 €/day
- Single supplement: 80€
- Optional: 2 main luggage transfers between accommodations (day 1 and day 3): 45 €
Ljubljana to Bled
Upon arrival to Ljubljana or Ljubljana Airport you will meet with out staff for a briefing. You will be given booklet with maps and instructions, you will take the bike and hit the road. You will cycle from Ljubljana to Bled (55 km).
Overnight in a hotel*** in Bled.
Bled - Bohinj Lake - Bled
Morning transfer to Pokljuka. Cycling to Bohinj Lake and around lake. Optionally, you can do a short, 20- minute hike and visit Savica waterfall. On your way back you will cycle to Bohinjska Bistrica (45 km). Train to Bled.
Overnight in a hotel*** in Bled.
Bled to Kranjska Gora
Cycling from Bled to Kranjska Gora trough beautiful Radovna Valley (45 km) and cycling near Sava river valley on cycling path.
Optionally, you can choose an additional night in hotel*** in Kranjska Gora.
Accommodation is in 3* hotels.
Day 1: 3* Hotel in Bled / Double room with breakfast.
Day 2: 3* Hotel in Bled / Double room with breakfast.
Day 3: 3* Hotel in Kranjska Gora / Double room with breakfast.
Upgrade with E-bike:
Trek Super Commuter Hybrid E-bike
We include the hire of your quality bike in the overall cost of the tour: you don't need to bring your own or pay extra to hire one locally. We provide full bike set: a pump, lock, Topeak tool, spare inner tube and tyre levers. Helmet, brand new quality bidon (0.5l) and side panniers are also included in the price of the tour.
We suggest that you travel with a comprehensive travel insurance, including emergency evacuation coverage. We strongly recommend that you purchase travel insurance that includes cancellation protection so that you will be covered in the event that you are unable to attend our trip (due to injury, illness or other unforeseen circumstances). We do not provide travel insurance for our clients. Please contact your local travel agent to purchase travel insurance. As coverage and a price of the insurance changes depending on your travel destination, do make sure that you purchase a coverage for all countries you will be traveling in on your adventure.