Istria Walking Holidays – Croatiafrom
7-day walking holiday in Croatia with 6 walking tours around the magical Istrian peninsula. Experience Istria with all senses in their truest form and enjoy our walking tour on six different and beautiful walking trails.
Reviews 3 Reviews5/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Fairly Easy
Group Size Small Group
7-day walking holiday in Croatia with 6 walking tours around magical Istria. Experience Istria with all senses in their truest form and enjoy our walking tour.
- Experience the breathtaking scenery of Istrian peninsula.
- Walking on great and gentle trails around Istria.
- Beautiful walking around Motovun and Grožnjan town above Mirna valley.
- Unique coastal towns of Novigrad, Lovran and Pula.
- Wine growing region of Istria with its distinct red soil (terra rosa).
- Stay in charming Mediterranean accommodations.
- Taste the richness of Istrian agrotourism.
- Homemade culinary specialities, rich culture, friendly people and stone architecture.
- Exploring Brioni National Park and Kamenjak Nature Park.
- Climb to the top of Istrian highest Mt. Vojak Peak (1401 m) in Učka Nature Park.
- Duration: 7 days / 6 nights.
- Activity: Self guided walking.
- Grade: Easy.
- Accommodation: 3* and 4* hotels.
- Date: From March 1st to November 31st.
- Booking: Any day of the week.
- Start of the tour: Novigrad or Poreč, Istria.
- Nearest airports: Trieste, Venice, Pula, Ljubljana, Zagreb.
- Full organisation of the tour.
- Introductory briefing on day 1.
- Booklet with detailed itinerary and route instructions, train/bus timetables and details with all vouchers for accommodations and transfers.
- Maps with marked routes.
- GPX track (digital track for phone, tabled or Garmin device).
- Emergency contact number and 24/7 support.
- Daily collaboration and tracking on the communication app - additional customer support.
- 6 nights in 3* and 4* accommodation with breakfast.
- 6-day rental of walking equipment (hiking poles, backpack, basic rain jacket).
- All transfers according to the itinerary.
- Main luggage transfer from Novigrad– Motovun and Pula–Lovran.
- Bus transfers from Lovran to Rijeka (day 7).
- Brioni National Park Entrance.
- Kamenjak Nature park Entrance.
- Return transfers by local bus from Pula to Kamenjak and Pula to Fazana (Brioni Park).
- Tourist tax and VAT.
- Travel to the start and from the end point of the trip.
- Food and drinks: lunch and dinner on all days.
- Main travel luggage transfer between towns - you carry all your gear from days 1-2.
- Items of personal nature.
- Travel Insurance.
- High season (1 June – 30 September) surcharge: 180 €/person.
- Single supplement: 450 €.
Novigrad to Grožnjan
Morning introductory briefing.
Walking from Novigrad to Grožnjan via Mirna Valley.
Accommodation in Grožnjan town.
Walking (21 kilometres, approximately 5 hours).
Groznjan to Istarske Toplice Walking
Walking from Grožnjan via Žnidariči to Istarske Toplice. Transfer from Istarske Toplice to Motovun.
Accommodation in Motovun
Walking (18 kilometres, approximately 5-6 hours).
Seven Waterfals Walking Trail
Walking from Selca to Kotli and back (circle trail)
Transfer to Motovun
Accommodation in Motovun
Walking (15 kilometres, approximately 5 hours).
Motovun to Pula and Kamenjak trail
Transfer from Motovun to Pula. Walking in Kamenjak Nature Park - Orchids Trail (circle trail).
Accommodation in Pula.
Walking (13 kilometres, approximately 4-5 hours).
Brioni National Park Walk
Bus transfer to Fažana and boat transfer to Brioni National Park.
Walking trail on Brioni. Accommodation in Motovun.
Walking (10-13 kilometres, approximately 3-5 hours).
Učka Nature Park Walk
Transfer from Pula to Poklon Pass, walking tour to Vojak Peak (1401 m) and back to Mountain hut in Učka Nature Park.
Accommodation in Lovran.
Walking (15 kilometres, approximately 5 hours).
Lovran and Kvarner Bay
Morning in Kvarner bay.
Bus transfer from Lovran to Rijeka where trip concludes.
Accommodation is in a combination of 3* and 4* hotels (comfortable with en-suite) and private accommodation in Grožnjan (one night).
Day 1: Accommodation in Private house in Grožnjan / Double/twin room with breakfast.
Day 2: 3* Hotel in Motovun / Double/twin room with breakfast.
Day 3: 3* Hotel in Motovun / Double/twin room with breakfast.
Day 4: 3* Hotel in Pula / Double/twin room with breakfast.
Day 5: 3* Hotel in Pula / Double/twin room with breakfast.
Day 6: 4* Hotel in Lovran / Double/twin room with breakfast.
- Jacket – warm, wind & waterproof, soft-shell,
- comfortable clothes,
- sunglasses, sunscreen, lip balm, any other sun protection,
- water bottle (preferably reusable),
- first aid (a small basic kit with items such as bandages, antiseptic wipes, gauze, antibacterial ointment, sterile pads),
- large backpack to pack all your belongings,
- Hiking shoes – choose wisely.
IMPORTANT: Appropriate footwear is essential part of any hiking tour. There are a variety of models on the market designed to meet the needs of different types of hikers; the challenge is finding the one that works best for your purposes.
Choose softer and more flexible hiking shoes, appropriate for longer walks. Those shoes are typically made of breathable material, are comfortable and do not require breaking in.
Shoes like that are usually not waterproof, but Croatia during the summertime has very little rain and the odds are good that during your tour, there will be no rain.
- The tour is considered to be moderate to challenging. There is an average of 4-5 hours of hiking each day with many ascends and descends. A good physical condition is essential.
- Make sure you take sufficient water/drinks on a trip every day.
- Breakfast is included in every accommodation.
- We advise that you to start your daily trips early in the morning to allow yourself enough time to stop often and enjoy the scenery and escape the hot summer sun.
- In case bad weather is predicted, do not forget to bring your rain-covers and a change of extra dry clothes. We also advise that you to place pack things in plastic bags before packing them in the backpack.
- All customers are required to notify us before booking the tour of any medical conditions, as well as of any dietary restrictions. If you suffer from any medical conditions, we strongly suggest that you consult your physician before booking a tour to receive an expert medical advice. We are more than happy to discuss and recommend the most suitable adventure for you based on your conditions, but cannot ultimately be responsible for your health.
Croatian coast has a typically Mediterranean climate consisting of hot, dry, sunny weather during summer.
Average temperatures during summer lies in the high 20s °C, although it is more likely that you’ll have temperatures well into the 30s °C.
Croatia boasts very low humidity, sitting at about 60%, so even in the scorching sun the heat is bearable.
We suggest that you travel with a comprehensive travel insurance, including emergency evacuation coverage. We strongly recommend that you purchase travel insurance that includes cancellation protection so that you will be covered in the event that you are unable to attend our trip (due to injury, illness or other unforeseen circumstances). We do not provide travel insurance for our clients. Please contact your local travel agent to purchase travel insurance. As coverage and a price of the insurance changes depending on your travel destination, do make sure that you purchase a coverage for all countries you will be traveling in on your adventure.