Istria Walking Holidays
7-day walking holiday in Croatia with 6 walking tours around magic Istria. Experience Istria with all senses in their truest form and enjoy our walking tour in six different and beautiful walking trail.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Fairly Easy
Group Size Small Group
7-day walking holiday in Croatia with 6 walking tours around magic Istria. Experience Istria with all senses in their truest form and enjoy our walking tour in seven days.
- Experience the breathtaking scenery of Istrian peninsula.
- Walking on a great and gentle trails around Istria.
- Beautiful Motovun town above Mirna valley.
- Unique coastal towns of Novigrad, Lovran and Pula.
- Wine growing region of Istria with its distinct red soil (terra rosa).
- Stay in charming Mediterranean accommodations.
- Taste the richness of Istrian agrotourism.
- Homemade culinary specialities, rich culture, friendly people and stone architecture.
- Exploring Brioni National Park and Kamenjak Nature Park.
- Climb to the top of Istrian highest Mt. Vojak Peak (1401 m) in Učka Nature Park.
- Duration: 7 days / 6 nights.
- Activity: Self guided walking.
- Grade: Easy.
- Accommodation: 3* and 4* hotels.
- Date: From March 1st to November 31st.
- Booking: Any day of the week.
- Star of the tour: Novigrad
- Nearest airports: Trieste, Venice, Pula, Ljubljana, Zagreb.
- Full organisation of the walking tours and holiday.
- Introductory briefing on day 1 with a welcome drink.
- Booklet with detailed itinerary and route instructions, train/bus timetables and details with all vouchers for accommodations, …
- Maps with marked routes.
- Emergency contact number and 24/7 support.
- 6-day rental of walking equipment (hiking poles, backpack, basic rain jacket).
- 6 nights in 3* and 4* accommodation with breakfast.
- Private return transfers from Motovun to Selca (day 3).
- Private transfers from Motovun to Pula (day 4).
- Private transfer from Pula to Poklon Pass and Lovran (day 6).
- Main luggage transfer from Novigrad to Motovun.
- Main luggage transfer from Pula to Lovran (day 6).
- Bus transfers from Lovran to Rijeka (day 7).
- Brioni National Park Entrance.
- Kamenjak Nature park Entrance.
- Return local bus from Pula to Kamenjak Nature Park and Pula to Fazana.
- Travel to the start and from the end point of the trip.
- Food and drinks: lunch and dinner on all days.
- Main travel luggage transfer between towns – you carry all your gear in backpack from days 1-2.
- Items of a personal nature.
- Travel Insurance.
- Single supplement: 140 €
Novigrad to Grožnjan
Morning introductory briefing with a welcome drink.
Walking from Novigrad to Grožnjan via Mirna Valley. Accommodation in Grožnjan town / Walking (21 kilometres, approximately 5 hours).
Groznjan to Istarske Toplice Walking
Walking from Grožnjan to Žnidariči to Istarske Toplice. Transfer to Motovun. Accommodation in Motovun / Walking (18 kilometres, approximately 5-6 hours).
Seven Waterfals Walking Trail
Walking from Selca to Kotli and back (circle trail). Transfer to Motovun. Accommodation in Motovun / Walking (15 kilometres, approximately 5 hours).
Motovun to Pula and Kamenjak trail
Transfer from Motovun to Pula. Walking in Kamenjak Nature Park – Orhids Trail (circle trail). Accommodation in Pula / Walking (13 kilometres, approximately 4-5 hours).
Brioni National Park Walk
Bus transfer to Fažana and boat transfer to Brioni National Park. Walking trail in Brioni. Accommodation in Motovun / Walking (13 kilometres, approximately 4-5 hours)
Učka Nature Park Walk
Transfer from Pula to Poklon Pass ( ) and walking tour to Vojak Peak (1401 m) and back to Mountain hut in Učka Nature Park. Accommodation in Lovran / Walking (15 kilometres, approximately 5 hours)
Lovran and Kvarner Bay
Morning in Kvarner bay. Bus transfer from Lovran to Rijeka where trip concludes.
Accommodation is in a combination of 3* and 4* hotels, which are comfortable with en-suite and private accommodation in Grožnjan (one night).
Day 1: Accommodation in Private house in Grožnjan / Double room with breakfast.
Day 2: 3* Hotel in Motovun / Double room with breakfast
Day 3: 3* Hotel in Motovun / Double room with breakfast
Day 4: 3* Hotel in Pula / Double room with breakfast
Day 5: 3* Hotel in Pula / Double room with breakfast
Day 6: 4* Hotel in Lovran / Double room with breakfast
Hiking boots are an essential part of equipment. Boots must be appropriate for rocky terrain, with a good grip and light as well as waterproof (especially in case there is still snow on the mountains). It is important that the shoes are comfortable and worn in (not brand new – in order to avoid blisters).
Here is a list of what is good to have in Istria for a walking in spring and autumns months:
- Shoes – walking boots (preferably with ankle support).
- Socks – warm, coolmax.
- Jacket – warm, wind & waterproof.
- Trousers – long.
- Shirt or active underwear – good evaporation and warm.
- Mid – layer – warm (fleece).
- Sunglasses, sunscreen, lip salve.
- Rucksack – light, easy to fold, strong material, adjustable straps.
- Hiking poles.
- Food and drinks: fruit, sandwiches, energy bars and a sufficient amount of water/drinks.