Hvar Island Walk – Croatiafrom
Amazing walking tour on Hvar Island with beautiful and gentle walks. Spend two nights on the island of Hvar and explore its amazing land on foot and sample its excellent wines, goat's cheese, olive oil and other local products. On this three days long walking tour you're sure to experience the absolute best of Hvar island, staying in charming local hotel in Hvar town. With its dramatic coastal position and stone walls encircling the terracotta roofs of the old town, it is no wonder that Hvar town is known as the Pearl of the Adriatic islands.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday TypeWalking / Trekking, walking
Activity Level Fairly Easy
Amazing walking tour on Hvar Island with beautiful and gentle walks. Spend two nights on the island of Hvar and explore its amazing land on foot and sample its excellent wines, cheese, olive oil and other local products. On this three-day walking tour you're sure to experience the absolute best of Hvar island, staying in charming hotel in Hvar town. With its dramatic coastal position and terracotta roofs of the old town, it is no wonder that Hvar town is known as the Pearl of the Adriatic islands.
Hvar island, with 2724 sunny hours each year, is known to be the sunniest spot in the Croatia. Hvar town offers seductive narrow stone streets, elegant local restaurants and a general sense that, if you care about seeing and being seen, this is the place to be.
- Experience the breathtaking scenery of Dalmatian Island Hvar.
- Walk on great and gentle trails of the island.
- Explore Hvar town with relaxing walk in the enchanting old town.
- Stay in charming Mediterranean accommodations.
- Discover the rich cultural heritage and local culinary delicacies.
- Duration: 3 days / 2 nights
- Activity: Self guided walking
- Grade: Comfort.
- Accommodation: 3-4* hotel.
- Date: From March 15th to November 31st
- Booking: Start on any day of the week.
- Start of the tour: Split (Croatia)
- Full organisation of the walking tour.
- Introductory briefing in Split on day 1.
- Booklet with detailed itinerary and route instructions, ferry and catamaran timetables and details with all vouchers for accommodations, ...
- Maps with marked routes.
- Emergency contact number and 24/7 support.
- 2 nights in 3/4* hotel with breakfast (Hvar town).
- All sea transfers according to the itinerary:
- Catamaran transfer from Split to Hvar (Hvar island).
- Catamaran transfer from Hvar (Hvar island) to Split.
- All land transfers according to the itinerary:
- Private car transfer on Hvar island (2x, day 2)
- Tourist tax and VAT.
- Travel to the start and from the end point of the trip.
- Food and drinks: lunches and dinners on all days.
- Items of personal nature.
- Travel Insurance.
- Single supplement: 120 €.
- High season surcharge: 60 € (June 15th to September 15th)
Split to Hvar
- Morning Introductory meeting in Split.
- Morning Catamaran transfer from Split to Hvar town (Hvar Island).
- Circle walking tour in Hvar town.
- Hotel***/****, Hvar.
Hvar Island - Brusje to Dubovica Walking Tour
- Breakfast in the hotel.
- Morning transfer from Hvar town to Brusje Village.
- Walking tour Brusje to Malo Grablje and Dubovica (14-16 km, 5-6h).
- Swimming in Dubovica - one of the most beautiful beaches on Hvar Island.
- Short private transfer back to Hvar town.
- Hotel***/****, Hvar.
Hvar town to Milna walking tour
- Breakfast in the hotel.
- Circle coastal walking tour from Hvar town to Milna and back (9.5 km, 3h).
- Afternoon Catamaran transfer from Hvar town (Hvar Island) to Split.
Day 1 and 2: 3-4* hotel in Hvar Old Town
The tour is considered to be moderate level of difficulty. A good physical condition is essential.
Due to the nature of the package, this program is not recommended for children younger than 15 years and pregnant women.
All minors must be accompanied by an adult, who is either their parent or legal guardian.
We suggest that you travel with a comprehensive travel insurance, including emergency evacuation coverage. We strongly recommend that you purchase travel insurance that includes cancellation protection so that you will be covered in the event that you are unable to attend the tour (due to injury, illness or other unforeseen circumstances). We do not provide travel insurance for our clients. As coverage and a price of the insurance changes depending on your travel destination, do make sure that you purchase a coverage for all countries you will be traveling in on your adventure.
Croatian coast has a typically Mediterranean climate consisting of hot, dry and sunny weather during summer months.
Average temperatures during summer lies in the high 20°C, although it is more likely that you’ll have temperatures well into the 30 °C.
The sunniest island in Croatia is Hvar, with over 2,700 hours of sun per year. Split, Vela Luka (on the island of Korčula) and Dubrovnik are the next sunniest spots in Dalmatia.
Croatia boasts with very low humidity, sitting at about 60%, so even in the scorching sun the heat is bearable.
- The tour is considered to be moderate to challenging. There is an average of 5 hours of walking each day with many ascends and descends. A good physical condition is essential.
- Make sure you take sufficient water/drinks on a trip every day.
- Breakfast is included at every accommodation.
- We advise that you to start your daily trips early in the morning to allow yourself enough time to stop often and enjoy the scenery and escape the hot summer sun.
- In case bad weather is predicted, do not forget to bring your rain-covers and extra clothes. We also advise in this case that you to place packed things in plastic bags before packing them in the backpacks.
- All customers are required to notify us before booking the tour of any medical conditions, as well as dietary restrictions. If you suffer from any medical conditions, we strongly suggest that you consult your physician before booking a tour to receive an expert medical advice. We are more than happy to discuss and recommend the most suitable adventure for you based on your conditions, but cannot ultimately be responsible for your health.
- Jacket – warm, wind & waterproof, soft-shell,
- comfortable clothes,
- sunglasses, sunscreen, lip balm, any other sun protection,
- reusable water bottle,
- first aid (a small basic kit with items such as bandages, antiseptic wipes, gauze, antibacterial ointment, sterile pads),
- large backpack to pack all your belongings,
- hiking shoes – choose wisely!
IMPORTANT: Appropriate footwear is an essential part of any hiking tour. There are a variety of models on the market designed to meet the needs of different types of hikers; the challenge is finding the one that works best for your purposes.
Choose softer and more flexible hiking shoes, appropriate for longer walks. Those shoes are typically made of breathable material, are comfortable and do not require breaking in.
Shoes like that are usually not waterproof, but Croatia during the summertime has very little rain and the odds are good that during your tour, there will be no rain.