Cycle Croatia North Islands and Coast
8-day biking holidays in Croatia with islands hopping and cycling through typical north Dalmatian islands' landscapes. This self guided cycling tour in North Dalmatia begins in Opatija, exploring amazing Croatian islands of Pag, Rab, Krk, ... and coastlines with Krka National Park, medieval towns, old villages and picturesque bays. A true North Dalmatian and Kvarner cycling delight.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Moderate
Group Size Small Group
8-day biking adventure holidays in Croatia with islands hopping and cycling through typical island landscapes. This self guided cycling tour in Dalmatia begins in Opatija and ends in Split, exploring amazing Croatian islands of Pag, Rab, Krk, ... and coastlines, medieval towns, old villages and picturesque bays. A true North Dalmatian and Kvarner bay cycling delight.
The North Dalmatian Coast with Kvarner bay is one of the true wonders of Europe, with the clearest waters in the Adriatic Sea, magnificent historic, nature and cultural interest. Experiencing this special region by bike is by far the most rewarding way to travel. Exploring small fishing villages and the stunning Dalmatian and Kvarner bay coastal landscapes. The magical towns of Šibenik, Zadar, Trogir and Split. Enjoying the regional cuisine and relaxing at night in your self contained apartment.
- Experience the breathtaking scenery of Croatian Islands and Coast.
- Breathe in the magical and natural scents of Pag and Rab islands.
- Exploring the great towns of Zadar, Šibenik and Trogir.
- Stay in charming Mediterranean accommodations.
- Enjoy cycling through the most beautiful parts of North Dalmatia and Kvarner bay.
- Visit the picturesque towns of Opatija and old Split town.
- Exploring the amazing Krka National Park.
- Enjoying the exceptional cuisine for which the region is famous.
- Explore rich culture and stone architecture.
- Enjoy the second most beautiful part of Adriatic Croatia
- Duration: 8 days / 7 nights.
- Headline: Cycling on 5 Croatian islands and along the Adriatic Coast.
- Activity: Self guided cycling.
- Ride type: Tarmac roads.
- Length: 372 km / Elevation: 650 m.
- Grade: Moderate.
- Accommodation: 3* Hotels.
- Date: From April 15th to November 15th.
- Booking: Any day of the week.
- Start of the tour: Opatija or Rijeka, Croatia.
- Full organisation of the trip.
- Introductory briefing on day 1 with a welcome drink (Opatija or Rijeka).
- Booklet with detailed itinerary and route instructions, train timetables and details with all vouchers.
- Maps with marked route.
- Emergency contact number and 24/7 support.
- 7 nights in 3* hotel and apartments accommodation, breakfast included.
- Rental of Trek Hybrid bike for 8 days with 2 side Vaude and Ortlieb waterproof panniers, front handlebar Ortlieb bag, helmet, lock, pump, spare tube and repair kit.
- Brand new cycling bidon "I love cycling"
- All Ferry boat tickets according to the itinerary (5 tickets)
- All catamaran tickets according to the itinerary.
- Private land transfer From Opatija (Rijeka) to Krk Island (day 1.)
- Main Luggage transfer from Opatija to Split.
- Tourist tax and VAT.
- Travel to the start and from the end point of the trip.
- Food and drinks: lunch and dinner on all days and all beverages.
- Luggage transfer between accommodations - you carry all in your panniers from day 1-8.
- Items of personal nature.
- Travel Insurance.
- Single supplement: 240 €
- High season surcharge: 150 € (July and August)
Opatija - briefing and Krk Island
- Morning Introductory meeting / Opatija
- Transfer from Opatija to Krk Island (Omišalj).
- Cycling from Omišalj to Baška (41 km, 5-6 h).
- Hotel***, Baška.
Krk to Rab Island
- Brakfast in Hotel.
- Cycling from Baška to Valbiska (31 km, 3-4 h).
- Ferry transfer from Valbiska to Lopar (Rab island).
- Cycling from Lopar to Rab town (12.8 km, 1-1.5 h).
- Hotel***, Rab
Rab to pag Island
- Brakfast in Hotel.
- Cycling from Rab town to Mišnjak (11.5 km, 1-1.5 h).
- Ferry transfer from Mišnjak to Stinica.
- Cycling from Stinica to Prizna (15.8 km, 1-1.5 h).
- Ferry transfer from Prizna to Žigljen (Pag island).
- Cycling from Žigljen to Pag town (25.7 km, 2-3 h)
- Hotel***, Pag
Pag island to Zadar
- Breakfast in Hotel.
- Cycling from Pag to Zadar (50.7 km, 4-5 h).
- Hotel***, Zadar
Zadar to Biograd na Moru via Ugljan and Pašman Islands
- Breakfast in Hotel.
- Ferry transfer from Zadar to Preko (Ugljan island).
- Cycling from Preko to Tkon (Pašman Island) (30.5 km, 3-4 h).
- Ferry transfer from Preko to Biograd na Moru.
- Hotel***, Biograd na Moru.
Biograd na Moru to Šibenik
- Breakfast in Hotel.
- Cycling from Biograd na Moru to Šibenik (49 km, 4-5 h).
- Hotel***, Šibenik
Šibenik and Krka National Park
- Breakfast in hotel.
- Cycling from Šibenik to Krka N. Park. and back to Šibenik / loop / (35 km, 4-5 h).
- Hotel***, Šibenik.
Šibenik to Split via Trogir old town
- Breakfast in hotel.
- Cycling from Šibenik to Trogir / (48 km, 4-5 h).
- Trogir sightseeing.
- Cycling from Trogir to Divulje / (3 km, 0.5 h).
- Catamaran transfer from Divulje (Split Airport Transfers) to Split.
- Hotel***, Split.
Accommodation is in private 3* Hotel
Day 1: 3* Hotel, Baška, Krk Island, breakfast included.
Day 2: 3* Hotel, Rab, Rab Island, breakfast included
Day 3: 3* Hotel, Pag, Pag Island, breakfast included
Day 4: * Hotel, Zadar, breakfast included
Day 5: 3* Hotel, Biograd na Moru, breakfast included
Day 6: 3* Hotel, Šibenik, breakfast included
Day 7: 3* Hotel, Šibenik, breakfast included
Option: Accommodation upgrade to 4*-5* Hotel
- Shoes – sneakers or any appropriate shoes for biking
- Jacket – warm, wind & waterproof, soft-shell
- Comfortable clothes
- Sunglasses, sunscreen, lip balm, any other sun protection
- Water bottle (preferably reusable)
- First aid (a small basic kit with items such as bandages, antiseptic wipes, gauze, antibacterial ointment, sterile pads)
The tour is considered to be moderate to challenging. There is an average of 40 kilometres of biking each day with many ascends and descends. A good physical condition is essential.
The tour is not appropriate for children younger than 15 years and for pregnant women.
- Breakfast is included in every accommodation. You will have plenty of opportunities to stop in local restaurants and shops all along the way for lunches, snacks and dinners.
- We advise that you to start your daily trips early in the morning to allow yourself enough time to stop often and enjoy the scenery! And escape the hot summer sun!
- As the weather can change quickly, do not forget to bring your rain-covers and a change of extra dry clothes. We also advise that you to place pack things in plastic bags before packing them in the waterproof panniers.
- All customers are required to notify us before booking the tour of any medical conditions, as well as dietary restrictions. All medications can and should be brought to all activities in the program. If you suffer from any medical conditions, we strongly suggest that you consult your physician before booking a tour to receive an expert medical advice. We are more than happy to discuss and recommend the most suitable adventure for you based on your conditions, but cannot ultimately be responsible for your health.
We suggest that you travel with a comprehensive travel insurance, including emergency evacuation coverage. We strongly recommend that you purchase travel insurance that includes cancellation protection so that you will be covered in the event that you are unable to attend our trip (due to injury, illness or other unforeseen circumstances). We do not provide travel insurance for our clients. Please contact your local travel agent to purchase travel insurance. As coverage and a price of the insurance changes depending on your travel destination, do make sure that you purchase a coverage for all countries you will be traveling in on your adventure.
You will get bikes with full equipment – bike panniers, spare tire and repair kit, bike lock and helmet.
- You will be travelling with panniers attached to your bikes, so be ready to pack accordingly.
- You can keep your remaining luggage with our representative, who will deliver it to you on last day.
- Each day you will be staying in a different accommodation. You will be staying in private accommodations in smaller apartments with double/twin beds.
- The example of the apartment: