Croatia Cycling Adventure
6-day cycling holiday in Croatia. Experiencing this outstanding region by bike is by far the most rewarding way to travel. An island-hopping journey that will take you to the beautiful islands of Brač and Hvar, traveling with ferries and by bike.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Moderate
Group Size Small Group
6-day cycling adventure holiday in Croatia. Experiencing this special region by bike is by far the most rewarding way to travel. Your journey will encounter the long and beautiful islands of Brač and Hvar, travelling by bike and ferries.
The Dalmatian Coast is one of the true wonders of Europe, with the clearest waters on the Adriatic Sea, magnificent historic and cultural interest. Exploring small fishing villages and the stunning Dalmatian Coast landscapes. The magical towns of Dubrovnik and Split. Enjoying the regional cuisine and relaxing at night in your self contained apartments.
From your arrival in Split until the end point in Dubrovnik, your journey will take you to the beautiful islands of Brač, Hvar and Korčula, travelling by bike, ferry boats and catamarans. You will enjoy your cycle between seaside villages, tiny medieval walled towns and lovely quiet pebbled bays, set against a backdrop of pine forests and mountains. The trip concludes in the well known town of Dubrovnik, where you can admire the architecture of the old stone town center.
- Experience the breathtaking scenery of Croatian Islands.
- Breathe in the magical and natural scents of Hvar Island.
- Explore Brač island.
- Stay in charming Mediterranean accommodations owned by locals.
- Enjoy cycling through the most beautiful parts of Dalmatia.
- Visit the picturesque towns of Dubrovnik and Split.
- Homemade culinary specialities, rich culture and stone architecture.
- Duration: 6 days / 5 nights.
- Activity: Self guided cycling.
- Grade: Moderate.
- Accommodation: 3* apartments/pensions.
- Date: From April 1st to November 30th.
- Booking: Any day of the week.
- Start of the tour: Split, Croatia.
- Full organisation of the trip.
- Introductory briefing on day 1 with a welcome drink (Split).
- Booklet with detailed itinerary and route instructions, train timetables and details with all vouchers.
- Maps with marked route.
- Emergency contact number and 24/7 support.
- 4 nights in 3* pension apartments, breakfast included.
- 1 night in 3* hotel, breakfast included.
- Rental of Trek Hybrid bike for 5 days with 2 side panniers, helmet, lock, pump, spare tube and repair kit.
- All ferry boat tickets according to the itinerary.
- All catamaran tickets according to the itinerary.
- Private land transfer from Drvenik to Dubrovnik (day 5).
- Main luggage transfer from Split to Dubrovnik.
- Tourist tax and VAT.
- Travel to the start and from the end point of the trip.
- Food and drinks: lunch and dinner on all days and all beverages.
- Luggage transfer between accommodations - you carry all in your panniers from day 1-5.
- Items of personal nature.
- Travel Insurance.
- Single supplement: 180 €
- High season (July, August) surcharge: 100€
Split to Brač Island
Arrive Split, transfer by ferry boat to town of Supetar on the Brač island.
Accommodation in apartment in Supertar, half-board.
Ascend Vidova Gora (778 m) the highest peak on the Croatian islands, and return to Supetar passing by old monastery and olive groves (45 kilometres).
Accommodation in apartment in Supertar, breakfast included.
Brač to Hvar Island
Take a ferry boat the island of Hvar. Cycle between traditional small villages and beautiful lavender fields from port to Hvar Town (22 kilometres).
Accommodation in apartment in Hvar, breakfast included.
Hvar Island Tour
Cycle from Hvar Town to Stari Grad, town that just recently celebrated 2400th anniversary of it's existence. From Stari Grad cycle east, through thick pine tree forest to small coastal towns of Jelsa and Vrboska, which is often referred to as “Little Venice” (37 kilometres).
Accommodation in apartment in Vrboska, breakfast included.
Hvar Island - Dubrovnik
Cycle east to Sučuraj at the other end of the island Hvar (52 kilometres), take a ferry boat to the mainland town of Drvenik, where a private transfer will take you to your accommodation in Dubrovnik where your cycling will end.
Accommodation 3* Hotel in Dubrovnik, breakfast included.
Dubrovnik - tour ends
Your tour will end after breakfast. Enjoy the rest of given time by visiting the old town Dubrovnik, explore the marble streets, take a walk on the old city walls or visit the mighty fort Lovrijenac.
Optionally, a transfer to Dubrovnik airport can be organised for you.
Accommodation is in private 3* apartments.
Day 1: 3* Apartment in Supetar, Brač Island, breakfast included.
Day 2: 3* Apartment in Supetar, Brač Island, breakfast included.
Day 3: 3* Apartment in Hvar town, Hvar Island, breakfast included.
Day 4: 3* Apartment in Vrboska, Hvar Island, breakfast included.
Day 5: 3* Hotel in Dubrovnik, breakfast included.
- Shoes – athletic shoes, sneakers or any appropriate shoes for biking
- Jacket – warm, wind & waterproof, soft-shell
- Comfortable clothes
- Sunglasses, sunscreen, lip balm, any other sun protection
- Water bottle (preferably reusable)
- First aid (a small basic kit with items such as bandages, antiseptic wipes, gauze, antibacterial ointment, sterile pads)
- The tour is considered to be moderate to challenging. There is an average of 45 kilometres of biking each day with many ascends and descends. A good physical condition is essential.
- Make sure you take sufficient water/drinks on a trip every day. You will also be able to buy it in the shops along the way.
- Breakfast is included in every accommodation. You will have plenty of opportunities to stop in local restaurants and shops all along the way for lunches and snacks.
- We advise that you to start your daily trips early in the morning to allow yourself enough time to stop often and enjoy the scenery! And escape the hot summer sun!
- As the weather can change quickly, do not forget to bring your rain-covers and a change of extra dry clothes. We also advise that you to place pack things in plastic bags before packing them in the waterproof panniers.
- The tour is not appropriate for pregnant women and children under the age of 15.
- You will be travelling with panniers attached to your bikes, so be ready to pack accordingly. You can keep your remaining luggage with our representative, who will deliver it to you on last day.
- All customers are required to notify us before booking the tour of any medical conditions, as well as dietary restrictions. All medications can and should be brought to all activities in the program. If you suffer from any medical conditions, we strongly suggest that you consult your physician before booking a tour to receive an expert medical advice. We are more than happy to discuss and recommend the most suitable adventure for you based on your conditions, but cannot ultimately be responsible for your health.
We suggest that you travel with a comprehensive travel insurance, including emergency evacuation coverage. We strongly recommend that you purchase travel insurance that includes cancellation protection so that you will be covered in the event that you are unable to attend our trip (due to injury, illness or other unforeseen circumstances). We do not provide travel insurance for our clients. Please contact your local travel agent to purchase travel insurance. As coverage and a price of the insurance changes depending on your travel destination, do make sure that you purchase a coverage for all countries you will be traveling in on your adventure.
The tour is considered to be moderate level of difficulty. There is an average of 19 miles of biking each day with some ascends and descends and some more challenging parts.
A good physical condition is essential.
Due to the nature of activities, this program is not recommended for children younger than 15 years and pregnant women
All minors must be accompanied by an adult, who is either their parent or a legal guardian.
Croatian coast has a typically Mediterranean climate consisting of hot, dry, sunny weather during summer.
Average temperatures during summer lies in the high 20s °C, although it is more likely that you’ll have temperatures well into the 30s °C.
The sunniest island in Croatia is Hvar, with over 2,700 hours of sun per year. Split, Vela Luka (on the island of Korčula) and Dubrovnik are the next sunniest spots in Dalmatia.
Croatia boasts very low humidity, sitting at about 60%, so even in the scorching sun the heat is bearable.