Croatia Cycling Adventure
6-day cycling holiday in Croatia. Experiencing this outstanding region by bike is by far the most rewarding way to travel. Your journey will encounter the beautiful islands of Brač and Hvar between which you will be travelling by ferry.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Moderate
Group Size Small Group
6-day cycling adventure holiday in Croatia. Experiencing this special region by bike is by far the most rewarding way to travel. Your journey will encounter the long and beautiful islands of Brač and Hvar travelling by bike and ferry.
The Dalmatian Coast is one of the true wonders of Europe, with the clearest waters in the Adriatic Sea, magnificent historic and cultural interest. Experiencing this special region by bike is by far the most rewarding way to travel. Exploring small fishing villages and the stunning Dalmatian Coast landscapes. The magical towns of Dubrovnik and Split. Enjoying the regional cuisine and relaxing at night in your self contained apartments.
From your arrival in Split until the end point in Dubrovnik, your journey will take you to the beautiful islands of Brač, Hvar and Korčula, travelling by bike, ferry boats and catamarans. You will enjoy your cycle between seaside villages, tiny medieval walled towns and lovely quiet pebbled bays, set against a backdrop of pine forests and mountains. The trip concludes in the well known town of Dubrovnik, where you can admire the architecture of the old stone town center.
- Experience the breathtaking scenery of Croatian Islands.
- Breathe in the magical and natural scents of Hvar Island.
- Explore Brač island.
- Stay in charming Mediterranean accommodations owned by locals.
- Enjoy cycling through the most beautiful parts of Dalmatia.
- Visit the picturesque towns of Dubrovnik and Split.
- Homemade culinary specialities, rich culture and stone architecture.
- Duration: 6 days / 5 nights.
- Activity: Self guided cycling.
- Grade: Moderate.
- Accommodation: 3* apartments/pensions.
- Date: From April 1st to October 30th.
- Booking: Any day of the week.
- Star of the tour: Split, Croatia.
- Full organisation of the trip.
- Introductory briefing on day 1 with a welcome drink (Split).
- Booklet with detailed itinerary and route instructions, train timetables and details with all vouchers.
- Maps with marked route.
- Emergency contact number and 24/7 support.
- 4 nights in 3* pension apartments, breakfast included.
- 1 night in 3* hotel, breakfast included
- Rental of Trek Hybrid bike for 5 days with 2 side panniers, helmet, lock, pump, spare tube and repair kit.
- All Ferry boats tickets according to the itinerary.
- All catamaran tickets according to the itinerary.
- Private land transfer to Dubrovnik (day 5)
- Main Luggage transfer from Split to Dubrovnik.
- Tourist tax and Vat.
- Travel to the start and from the end point of the trip.
- Food and drinks: lunch and dinner on all days and all beverages.
- Luggage transfer between accommodations – you carry all in your panniers from day 1-5.
- Items of a personal nature.
- Travel Insurance.
- Single supplement: 180 €
Split to Brač Island
Arrive Split, transfer by ferry boat to town of Supetar on the Brač island.
Accommodation in apartment in Supertar, half-board.
Ascend Vidova Gora (778 m) the highest peak on the Croatian islands, and return to Supetar passing by old monastery and olive groves (45 kilometres).
Accommodation in apartment in Supertar, breakfast included.
Brač to Hvar Island
Take a ferry boat the island of Hvar. Cycle between traditional small villages and beautiful lavender fields from port to Hvar Town (22 kilometres).
Accommodation in apartment in Hvar, breakfast included.
Hvar Island Tour
Cycle from Hvar Town to Stari Grad, town that just recently celebrated 2400th anniversary of it’s existence. From Stari Grad cycle east, through thick pine tree forest to small coastal towns of Jelsa and Vrboska, which is often referred to as “Little Venice” (37 kilometres).
Accommodation in apartment in Vrboska, breakfast included.
Hvar Island - Dubrovnik
Cycle east to Sučuraj at the other end of the island Hvar (52 kilometres), take a ferry boat to the mainland town of Drvenik, where a private transfer will take you to your accommodation in Dubrovnik where your cycling will end.
Accommodation 3* Hotel in Dubrovnik, breakfast included.
Dubrovnik - tour ends
Your tour will end after breakfast. Enjoy the rest of given time by visiting the old town Dubrovnik, explore the marble streets, take a walk on the old city walls or visit the mighty fort Lovrijenac.
Optionally, a transfer to Dubrovnik airport can be organised for you.
Accommodation is in private 3* apartments.
Day 1: 3* Apartment in Supetar, Brač Island, breakfast included.
Day 2: 3* Apartment in Supetar, Brač Island, breakfast included.
Day 3: 3* Apartment in Hvar town, Hvar Island, breakfast included.
Day 4: 3* Apartment in Vrboska, Hvar Island, breakfast included.
Day 5: 3* Hotel in Dubrovnik, breakfast included.
Hiking boots are an essential part of equipment. Boots must be appropriate for rocky terrain, with a good grip and light as well as waterproof (especially in case there is still snow on the mountains). It is important that the shoes are comfortable and worn in (not brand new – in order to avoid blisters).
Most meals and drinks have regular prices, but water, soft drinks and beer are more expensive than in the valleys.
Here are some examples:
Coffee – 2 eur / 1,5l bottled water – 4,40 eur / Beer – 4 eur
Goulash – 8 eur / Veggie/meat stew – 6 eur / Sandwich – 4,50 eur
Please note that the huts don’t accept credit card payments! Cash only.
Most huts unfortunately don’t offer showers, but there is an exception on your trail: Komna Mt Hut offers hot showers at a price of 3 eur/shower.
Here is a list of what is good to have for a climb in summer months:
- Shoes – walking boots (preferably with ankle support).
- Socks – warm, coolmax.
- Jacket – warm, wind & waterproof.
- Trousers – long.
- Shirt or active underwear – good evaporation and warm.
- Mid – layer – warm (fleece).
- Warm hat, gloves – wool or fleece.
- Sunglasses, sunscreen, lip salve.
- Rucksack – light, easy to fold, strong material, adjustable straps.
- Hiking poles.
- Food and drinks: fruit, sandwiches, energy bars and a sufficient amount of water/drinks.